Dravske elektrarne Maribor, d.o.o., is a leading company in the area of efficient use of renewable energy sources in Slovenia, which provides quality energy with its development orientation, in an environmentally friendly manner, with the aim of economic viability and harmonious sustainable development of the environment and the market in which it is active.
Effectiveness, reliability, adaptability, integrity, and environmental responsibility are the core values of Dravske elektrarne Maribor.
Eight large hydroelectric power plants on the Drava river (HE Dravograd, HE Vuzenica, HE Vuhred, HE Ožbalt, HE Fala, HE Mariborski otok, HE Zlatoličje and HE Formin), five small hydroelectric power plants (MHE Melje, MHE Markovci, MHE Ruše, MHE Rogoznica and MHE Ceršak) and four solar power stations (SE Zlatoličje, SE Formin, SE Dravograd and SE OCV 3) enable it to produce almost a quarter of all Slovenian electricity. The Company’s average annual production of 2,800 GWh represents 80 percent of Slovenian electricity, which meets the criteria of renewable sources and the internationally recognised RECS certificate standard (Renewable Energy Certificates System).
- Pump-fed hydroelectric power plants in the basin of the Drava river
- Li-Ion battery electricity storage systems to support the implementation of system services
Renewable energy sources – new projects
- Small hydroelectric power plants on the tributaries of the Drava river and beyond
- Wind energy exploitation in Slovenia
- Geothermal energy exploitation
- Excess heat source exploitation
- Construction of new solar power plants
Processing and utilisation of sediment
The Company is actively seeking solutions to use sediment as a natural and renewable source for the production of value-added products, in order to enable the transformation of sediment from waste into a renewable source of production, e.g. building materials.