Development of competencies and for investments in human resources in the economy and in research and educational institutions
HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
Human resources development in SRIP – Circular Economy stands for the development of competencies and for investments in human resources in the economy and in research and educational institutions. As SRIP covers important economic fields, an effective link between educational institutions and the economy is essential for a developmental breakthrough, as the educational process provides us with graduates with relevant competencies for a fast inclusion in the work environment.
The competency development model, which is part of the SRIP action plan, is based on the Career Platform for human resources in research and the economy.
The Career Platform includes:
- The forecasting of long-term competency requirements
- Establishing gaps in competencies
- The development of professional careers
In January 2019, we set up the Human Resources Development Committee comprised of representatives of companies, institutes, universities, the Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Vocational Education and Training (CPI), educational institutions, as well as SRIP experts and management, who, at a SRIP level, harmonise activities, content and proposals for new programmes and prepare and submit initiatives to ministries and other institutions associated with the development of human resources.
There are currently eight companies included in the Human Resources Development Committee:
- Termit, d. d.
- IOS, d.o.o.
- Surovina, d.o.o.
- Acies bio, d.o.o.
- Kočevski les, d.o.o.
- Helios, d.o.o.
- Predilnica Litija, d.o.o.
- Steklarna Hrastnik, d.o.o.
The action plan includes the following activities for human resources development:
- Training of human resources experts and other people responsible for the long-term forecasting of competency requirements
- Focus area managers from the SRIP – Circular Economy preparing a set of relevant competencies and profiles
- Assessing the current and future importance of competencies for a range of profiles
- Establishing gaps and preparing individual career plans for the professional career development of human resources
- Shaping new programmes for the setting up of a system for on-the-job competency development or acquisition
- Analysing existing education and training programmes in the field of established gaps in competencies and the providers of these programmes
- Forming new education/training programmes to be implemented in educational institutions
- Setting up the entry point for an e-platform for the long-term forecasting of competency requirements
- Setting up the entry point for an e-platform for education and training
Objectives and indicators of human resources development
The activity is being implemented by SRIP’s strategic partner, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia in cooperation with SRIP manager, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Štajerska Region.