From residual steel gases to methanol
FReSMe project aims to demonstrate the whole process that enables the CO2 captured from the steel industry to produce methanol fuel that will be used as fuel in the ship transportation sector.
The implementation of FReSMe encompasses:
- Lab developments supporting the technology improvement
- Modelling and simulation in order to optimize the processes
- Pilot plan construction and test campaigns implementation
- Life cycle analysis to evaluate the actual reduction achieves on GHG emissions
- End user demonstration using the methanol produced in a Ferry (line Gothenburg – Kiel)
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 727504.