The Association of Ecological Movements of Slovenia – ZEG is an association of associations, in which environmental associations, municipal and regional environmental associations, associations and other associations and associations voluntarily join in order to achieve common goals in developing and protecting the environment.
The Association of Ecological Movements of Slovenia – ZEG now has over 2680 members.
The goal of the Association of Ecological Movements of Slovenia remains the establishment of new associations that would cover the need to protect the environment.
ZEG was established under the Associations Act.
ZEG belongs to the sphere of civil society. It works for the public good and without a concession.
Members affiliated to the ZEG are independent in their work, but must take into account the decisions and resolutions they take through their representatives in the bodies of the association.
The association cooperates with local self-government bodies, wider communities, state bodies and institutions, companies and other domestic and foreign organizations.
The operation of the association is public, and the publicity of the operation of the association is ensured:
- the sessions of its bodies are public,
- by inviting journalists and other persons interested in the subject to meetings of the bodies of the association
- so that the meeting reports of all the bodies of the association are accessible to all representatives and interested members of the associations
- through the press and other media,
- by publishing a professional magazine for environmental issues titled “Environment”,
- by sending invitations, materials and meeting reports to member representatives
- by sending notifications to members of the decisions taken by the bodies of the association.